£38000 - £40000 per annum
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a leading manufacturing company to find a new HSE and Facilitates Manager for their site in Derby. In this single site position, you will have full autonomy and responsibility for the Health and Safety department and be able to make decisions and influence the culture across the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to cut their teeth in an EHS Manager position following some time as an EHS Advisor or someone established looking for a new challenge. Being a site of 100 it is a good learning environment. You will be expected to plan and manage your own time with little guidance, ensure tasks are completed, communicate with all levels the plan and report upwards on the progress.
This is a standalone role in which you will be responsible for all EHS elements on site. It has all the usual risks including; chemicals (COSHH), Machinery (PUWER), aging equipment alongside a longstanding and established workforce which can provide challenges from a cultural perspective There will be a lot of reporting/ auditing as they have ISO 9001, 14001 and 50001 on site. You will also be responsible for all accident investigations, creating risk assessments, policies and procedures, training etc.
What we need from you:
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but ideally working towards their H&S Diploma
• Ideally someone from a manufacturing environment but if you have the other skills we may be open to other sectors
• ISO 9001, 14001 and 50001 auditing experience desired as you will be leading the site audits
• Self-sufficient, be able to work with little guidance and can take control of the site
• Upfront and honest, be able to manage expectations and communicate well
• Confident, resilient and adaptable
Working hours can be flexible but generally anytime between 7-5 with a half day finish on Friday. Salary is up to £40,000.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Aisling.email@example.com