£40000 - £50000 per annum
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a UK logistics business to recruit for them a Regional Health and Safety Business Partner to cover the North London and East Anglia area. Under the direction of a new forward thinking and driven H&S Director the team are about to go through a few exciting journey pushing the business forward and reinventing what the Health and Safety function means for the business.
Being a Regional H&S Role there will be travel required and an expectation for overnight stays. This isn’t a 9-5 role as the nature of this business means that the hub of activity happens early morning so some early starts will be needed to really impact the culture and drive behaviours. This isn’t expected every day but to truly drive change here, it cannot be done working from home every day. There is no ideal location but you will travel to Hatfield regularly and across East Anglia.
The role is as you would expect, a good mix of technical compliance to improve site performance mixed with the softer skills to encourage a change in behaviours. You will support the sites with training, ensuring safe working practices, create and improve risk assessments, accident investigations and ISO systems management. You will work closely with the Operational leadership teams to develop a positive health and safety culture, engaging and inspiring Operational site leaders to deliver a safe place to work.
Skills and experience required-
• Diploma Level H&S qualification is desired but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but you must be working towards your Diploma.
• Ideally parcel delivery/logistics experience would be preferred but other multisite experience will be considered such as manufacturing.
• Forward thinking and confident
• Experience in a similar level role is required
• Extensive experience at risk assessments and hazard spotting.
• Experience at development and delivery of training.
• Competent IT skills including Web applications, Word and Excel.
• Clean driving license
Most importantly we are looking for someone who will go above and beyond who is hungry for the responsibility that comes with this role and a desire to really push their Region forward. You will be inquisitive, confident and bang down doors and work hard to get the job done. You will have demonstrable experience improving underperforming sites and making autonomous decisions.
Salary for this role is £40-50,000 + £5,500 car allowance.
If you are interested in finding our more about this role, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com before Monday 12th April. First stage interview will be a virtual Q&A following by MS teams interview on 21st April