Head of Commercial
The FMC Network are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial working for a nationwide specialist electronic security business.
You will form part of the wider commercial function and be responsible for financial and commercial controls on new and existing contracts/projects as well as supporting our bid strategies on new business opportunities.
This is a broad-reaching role which supports Operations, Design and Bid teams, acting as a subject matter expert.
You will ensure we are delivering to agreed programme milestones, ensuring the right level of quality, whilst maximising profitability and ensuring we deliver effectively for customers and work effectively with all relevant stakeholders.
• Review contract financials prior to commencement of work and provide overview
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
• Undertake cost analysis for different delivery strands including projects and service
• Study requirements, duties and obligations of the company under contracts to ensure alignment with the company’s goals and industry regulations
• Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
• Performing risk and value management and cost control
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
• Production and updating of Contract Programmes e.g. NEC clause 31 and 32
• Contractual change management and the maintenance of change registers
• Maintaining awareness of the different construction contracts in current use e.g. JCT, NEC, ICE, FIDIC
• Advise on procurement strategy with emphasis on our sub-contractor supply chain
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Ownership of the end-to-end production and agreement of all claims for loss and expense, agreement of final accounts and monthly valuations
• Produce project cashflow forecasts and support cash collection (as required)
• Improving project profitability wherever possible
• Prepare and analyse cost input for tendering activities
• Providing advice and producing contractual claims
• Managing subcontractor commercial engagement including agreeing terms
• Valuing completed work and liaising with suppliers
• Understanding the implications of health and safety / CDM 2015 regulations.
• Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
• Detailed knowledge of a number of Model Form Contracts including the NEC contract and the Early Warning and Compensation Event mechanisms
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of contract law
• Performance driven, highly energetic and determined
• Technically capable, commercially aware with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels
• High standards of integrity with the ability to change, adapt and grow
• Innovative, proactive and reliable whilst possessing an investigative nature with an attention to detail
• Willing to travel extensively
• Intelligent, analytical, demanding and at the same time pragmatic and resilient with the ability to get things done
• Ability to perform under own initiative as well as working within a strong team culture
• Capable of working under pressure and managing challenging situations
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to engage with decision makers at every level
• Hold CSCS, SSSTS and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification
If you’re interested in the above Head of Commercial role please contact Ryan Evans on 0121 450 5000 email@example.com