Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
My Client are a dynamic, award winning property maintenance, refurbishment, and new build specialist with more than 750 staff in 21 Locations across the UK providing a combination of local knowledge and national strength. We are a Social and Environmentally responsible family run business with a rich 124-year heritage, delivering a range of bespoke services and solutions to a wide variety of clients.
An opportunity has arisen to be part of our growing Health and Safety team. We are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious SHE Coach to cover the North. Travel and overnight stays will form part of the role.
• Salary competitive
• Company Car/Car Allowance
• 24 Days Hols & BH
Summary – SHE Coach
We require our line management teams to take ownership of health, safety and environmental issues as they apply to their areas of the business. The SHE Coach is an evolvement of the traditional SHE Advisor/Manager role with a focus on supporting the operational teams of the company through mentoring, coaching, training and advising.
The role of SHE Coach is an in-field business support role to challenge and improve SHE performance through delivery of the company Safety Behavioural programme, driving SHE innovation and promotion of positive SHE messages.
The focus of the role will be to work proactively to improve our SHE performance, although there is still a place for site SHE inspections that will not just review what is happening at the time of the inspection, but will also consider future works and whether SHE issues can be improved.
This is a Regional role working closely with operational teams and their workforce, including subcontractors.
Key Responsibilities – SHE Coach
• To assist in the preparation and regular review of registers of legislation and standards, risk assessments, construction phase plans, environmental aspects/impacts registers, etc.
• Conduct training and coaching at all levels to promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation.
• Be involved with operational teams to develop and maintain local forums to promote safety, health and environmental best practice.
• Support operations management and supervisors on implementation of the company SHEQ Policies, Management Systems and Procedures.
• Take the lead in any investigations relating to RIDDOR Reportable Accidents, Lost Time Accidents, High Potential Incidents and Environmental Incidents
• Complete any other works related to the role of SHE Coach to support the wider SHE-Q function
Key skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 5 years experience within a similar role and work environment.
• NEBOSH Certificate and Corporate Membership of IOSH (or working towards through CPD programme)
• PTTLLS / AET qualification
• IEMA Environmental Management Certificate
• Negotiation skills with the ability to clearly and concisely deliver thoughts, initiatives and convincing argument to all levels of the organisation
• Computer skills to enable the analysis of data, report writing and presentations.
• Ability to self-manage workload, prioritise tasks and deliver to tight deadlines
• Management of Asbestos in Buildings
Successful candidates can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and was the Construction News Awards Winner of Employer of the Year.
For further information on this position please contact Nathan Turley on Nathan.Turley@HSERecruitment.co.uk or call 0121 726 6623