This is a role for skilled engineer with strong I.T. experience to bridge the gap between the Production & I.T. projects and will be a key player in implementing & driving IT improvement projects for a major global business.
Role: Production Support Engineer – Digital Manufacturing
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum + benefits + pension + bonuses
The Production Support Engineer will work closely with Production Engineers & the Maintenance department but with a key focus around Industry 4.0 or digital manufacturing technology initiatives.
You will be required to have a knowledge of various specialist manufacturing software packages including AMS, Labview, Windows 10 to name a few.
You will be heavily involved in Database management, to develop and manage process control, machine integration and data collection across the production & test and material handing process.
This will be a broad based role offering a lot of variety ranging from day to day shop floor support problem solving to development of new IT projects working in collaboration with external providers and machine integrators and business colleagues around the world.
The Key responsibilities for the Production Support Engineer will be:-
- Implementation of production IT improvement projects across the site.
- Working with NPI Project and process engineers to implement new products to existing and new production lines.
- Troubleshoot and solve production-based IT systems.
- Maintaining systems uptime, providing fit for purpose systems, ensuring robust systems and ease of working.
- Liaise with third party support / suppliers.
- Support Hardware/Software procurement decisions.
- Assist Group production IT to Implement and maintain internationally recognised standards for systems Cyber security.
- Assist Group IT department with the implementation of IT solutions (hardware and software).
The key requirements of the Production Support Engineer will be:-
- Experience of IT Support, IT Development ideally in a fast paced automated assembly/manufacturing environment or a modern automated distribution hub. Fast paced environment would be the ideal
- Degree educated in I.T. but a HND/HNC coupled with good work experience is also acceptable.
- Experience of either supporting, developing or implementing digital manufacturing software or systems, Industry 4.0 or IoT technology is essential to this role
- Practical working knowledge of MES Systems, shop floor data collection, Labview – essential to the role. The ability to problem solve on a shopfloor level in an IT capacity is essential
- High level of IT literacy is essential – Windows 10, Labview, database management systems
The Production Support Engineer in Digital Mondernisation is a great opportunity for someone to be a key part of a large global operation which still retains culture of a privately owned business. You will be at the forefront of all IT projects in the future and it’s a great opportunity to play a key role in the digital manufacturing journey of this global business.
A great salary with great benefits, training & development opportunities. The business can boast a very low staff turnover & is renowned for being a fantastically modern, clean & state of the art world class manufacturing facility.
Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles