You will be a robust leader with a strong complete toolbox including Mentoring and Leadership, CI/Lean/Process Improvement, A strong technical engineering background.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an industry leader and you will have good experience in a fast paced environment.
The right candidate could come from Automotive, FMCG, Defence, Aerospace
Role: Shift Manager (3 Shift Rotation)
Salary: £40,000 + Shift Allowance + pension + benefits
The key responsibilities of the Shift Manager role will be:-
- Overall responsibility for people and process performance within the given manufacturing area; that includes discipline, development, supervision, time management and attendance.
- Responsibility for achieving the required efficiency and effectivity levels in support of the operational cost budgets.
- To support and drive a high performance culture & environment and address training and flexibility requirements.
- Direct responsibility to lead, develop and motivate all team members.
- To analyse, highlight, report, and mitigate significant machine down time in pursuit of the required OEE targets and in support of CI activities.
- To monitor and analyse quality data, to aid the implemention of quality improvement projects.
- Overall responsibility for the safety of the employees working within the given manufacturing area.
- Responsibility for the process quality within the given manufacturing area; ensuring adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Support and implement CI activities utilising lean tools & problem solving techniques to drive process improvement.
The key requirements of the Shift Manager will be:-
- Candidate should be Time Served Apprentice or HND/Degree Engineering qualified.
- First Line Management qualification (or willing to work towards)
- Computer literacy (able to use Microsoft Office packages, SAP)
- Qualified or heavily trained in NEBOSH/IOSH and/or Environmental Managing Safety
- Success in implementing and sustaining continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to influence through effective involvement and engagement with key stakeholders, earning trust from others and embracing teamwork.
- Ability to coach and develop others for success.
- Experience in leading and managing a cross-functional team, in a targets driven environment.
This is a great opportunity with a Global Business in their World Class Manufacturing Facility.
You will have a process & KPI driven approach to management/leadership and able to lead in an extremely fast paced environment.
Please apply online or contact Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Executive Network Group, encompassing Technical Network, Network HR, HSE Network & Procurement People, sourceing mid to senior level management for automotive, aerospace, engineering and manufacturing industrial sectors, with a portfolio of services including executive search, advertising, MRO for permanent and interim contract recruitment services.