Up to £50,000
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a world class leading automotive manufacturing facility. The company provides quality products, services and solutions worldwide with customers in over 150 countries. Our client is looking for an experienced Mainteance Engineer to join the team at this fast-paced plant in Wednesbury.
- Execute preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical, and chemical systems connected to production and non-production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform fault finding to identify the root cause of equipment malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Carry out necessary corrective actions and repairs during production hours to minimise downtime and maximise productivity.
- Collaborate with the production team to schedule maintenance activities that do not interfere with work flow and operations.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities, including inspections, repairs, and equipment performance.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of equipment.
- Monitor the condition and performance of machinery and equipment to proactively address potential problems and optimise their functionality.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and standards, and actively contribute to improving safety procedures within the maintenance department.
- Stay up to date with advancements in maintenance technology and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the procurement team on the sourcing and acquisition of spare parts and necessary equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience as a Maintenance Engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical, and chemical systems.
- Solid understanding of maintenance procedures, including preventative and reactive techniques.
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 / Tia PLC’s and Fanuc robot controllers.
- Experience on working with fabrication and ability to weld using MIG / TIG and Arc.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge (electrical bias)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Possess a proactive and analytical mindset, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
Interested? If you are a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in maintenance engineering and possess the necessary technical expertise, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please submit your updated resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.