Health and Safety is the focus but you will cover environment, quality and security with the support from the corporate function. This is a strategically very important site for the business and the senior managers on site are very positive and safety focused. This site is undergoing investment to upgrade facilities and operations are implementing continuous improvement practices. The business are really focusing on behavioural safety and safety culture which you will take the lead on, on site but there are plenty of opportunities to get involved across the business in other areas.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise and support in Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Quality (HSSEQ) to the site and its teams.
- Ensure the presence of effective HSSEQ risk controls and procedures at all times.
- Manage site HSSEQ improvement actions in a timely and quality-focused manner.
- Accurately report, manage, and investigate hazards, near misses, and incidents
- Oversee safe work systems, work control, permit-to-work processes, and energy isolation procedures.
- Develop and facilitate HSSEQ training and communication for site leadership
- Verify the adequacy of emergency preparedness levels
- Foster a strong safety culture through active HSSEQ governance, consultation, and engagement, including participation in Site Safety Meetings
The main requirements are:
- A NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum and ideally working towards a Diploma Level qualification in H&S.
- We are looking for someone with high hazard, major accident of COMAH experince for this role whether its within utilities, oil and gas, manufacturing, logistics etc.
- Expertise in hazard identification and assessment, including participation in HAZID and HAZOP processes.
- Experience in process safety management and controlling major accident hazards.
- Experience in the preparation and evaluation of risk assessments and method statements
- Proficiency in incident management and investigation
- Familiarity with safety culture models and the ability to influence change.
- Strong decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Effective communication and influencing abilities across all levels of the organisation.
- The capability to build relationships and contribute to the broader HSSEQ network within the organisation.
For further information on this position please contact on 0121 454 5000 // Aisling.Reid@hserecruitment.co.uk