A leading Packaging Manufacturer is seeking a proactive and collaborative Manufacturing Plant Manager to join their operation in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. Ideally suited to a candidate with an accomplished background in Engineering, this could be a great chance to step into a different industry.
This role has come about simply due to retirement (after a stellar career!). Working with a highly knowledgeable and skilled team, this role offers you the opportunity to steer all operations to achieve continued success.
The Manufacturing Plant Manager will:
- Work with their management team (currently 7 direct reports) and a permanent workforce of circa 100 experienced personnel, to deliver customer requirements (including NPI, including CAD and Graphic Design; rapid prototyping; reprographic proofing; designing, making and modifying press tools; conceptualising and implementing manufacturing lines.)
- Maintain visibility throughout the site, talking to your workforce and management team, listening to and acting on suggestions or concerns.
- Ensure continuous production of the required quantities, at the right time, within the established standards of quality at the lowest possible costs, while maintaining equipment, buildings and working environment in optimal conditions.
- Champion the use of modern manufacturing techniques, e.g. SMED, SPC, Kaizen, Five S's, TPM etc.
- Ensure all legal requirements of the plant are always met
- Report on plant performance (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting)
The Ideal Manufacturing Plant Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant demonstrable management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of succession planning for key roles.
- Sound knowledge of safety, quality, and hygiene procedures in an industrial environment to ensure the required standards for health, safety and environment are fully achieved.
- Commercial experience, including preparing budgets, capital expenditure requests, cost saving programs etc.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate strong leadership in all tasks undertaken, rewarding and encouraging effort and achievement.
- A recognised Business-related qualification (University level)
- Good ERP knowledge and knowledge of Office Packages (Excel/ Word)
In return, this global brand with its unrivalled reputation for innovation and excellence, will offer you a competitive ad appropriate salary, negotiable depending on experience, opportunities for bonus, company car and private healthcare.
Apply online now, or for a confidential discussion, contact Claire Male at Executive Network Group.